Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bob Marley / Jason Mraz



What would reggae be without Bob Marley? I wonder how many Greatest Hits albums he has. I'm gonna go ahead and guess I wouldn't be able to count them with just my own fingers and toes. My favorite song in the world is One Love, hands down, but I actually like the Jason Mraz cover of the song better than the original. I know, blasphemy, but it's whatever. Or something. Bob really was an amazing musician, I just love how simple, clean, and powerful this recording is, not to mention how awesome the message of the song is to begin with. Thanks to the Digital Citrus blog for this tune... go check that thing out, it'll be worth your while.

This song wasn't actually released on any of Jasin Mraz's own albums; it was recorded for a GAP jeans sales campaign. Strange, yes I know. But it's absolutely flawless. I'm not sure where you can find his album unless you shopped for GAP jeans in the 1990's, so make sure and give this one a listen here. And if not for how rare it is, then for the fact that it's my favorite, and if you're reading my blog then maybe you think my taste doesn't entirely suck. Either way.

Here's One Love from GAP Favorites.

No comments: