Friday, June 27, 2008

Switchfoot



Switchfoot has to be the most ambiguously Christian rock band on Earth, but it works for me. I'm not particularly religious, so if I want their songs to be about other things then it's not too much of a stretch. Their first extremely successful album, A Beautiful Letdown, is pretty played out by now, but enough time has passed it's starting to be safe again to listen to. I think. Songs like "Meant To Live" and "Dare You To Move" and "This Is Your Life" were more popular, but I think the best song off the album was actually the last track, called Twenty-Four. Very ambiguous, very clean, very Switchfoot.

That whole thing didn't sound like a very positive review. Switchfoot's pretty mainstream, but they've got their sound down. You have to give them that. And this song is solid, so give it a listen. Enjoy.

Here's Twenty-Four from The Beautiful Letdown.

No comments: